Vinyl Windows GTA
Are Vinyl Windows a Good Choice for Your Home?
Vinyl windows are reliable, affordable windows made from a recyclable plastic material called polyvinyl chloride (PVC). In GTA, vinyl windows are a popular choice for their durability and affordability. They are available in every window type, but in only a small selection of colours. Still, vinyl white works well for most homes, and if your home is among them, vinyl is a smart option for you.
If you’re considering new windows, it’s wise to look into the benefits of vinyl windows and find out if they are a good choice for your home.
The Benefits of Vinyl Windows
Besides being affordable, vinyl windows offer many other benefits to the homeowner, including:
- Less maintenance : Vinyl windows are low maintenance and rarely need cleaning (in fact, cleaning them too often can be harmful). The material resists stains and stays vibrant for years. While those who own wood windows may need to pull out a paint can every year, vinyl doesn’t need to be re-sealed or painted. In fact, it can’t be.
- Durable : Though it’s not very thick, vinyl is surprisingly durable. It resists dents and scratches quite well.
- Consistency :
- Vinyl windows are solid vinyl all the way through, which means that when they are scratched, the mark won’t be very noticeable. Scratches on other window types may actually be a different colour, due to coatings on the material.
- Flexibility : Vinyl is easy to shape, and so all of our window styles and shapes are available in vinyl.
- Efficiency :
- Vinyl itself is a poor heat conductor, which in our climate is a good thing. It means little heat will pass through vinyl and escape outside. On the other hand, very thin vinyl windows may not be as efficient as other options, which is why your windows should be thick enough to carry an Energy Star symbol.
Vinyl Windows from Thermo-Bilt
If you’re considering investing in vinyl windows in GTA, reach out to us at Thermo-Bilt. We understand that your home is unique and needs the right windows to look good and stay well-insulated. We’ll walk you through the pros and cons of vinyl windows and help you choose the best style and size for your needs.